Welcome to Virginia Medical Plans’ 2021 Anthem health insurance enrollment guide for individual/family medical plans.
We are happy to provide resources to help you understand your options and enroll.
About 2021 Anthem Health Insurance
Great news if you live in Virginia! Anthem continues to service all counties in their service area in 2021.
As in 2020, Anthem’s 2021 plans are HMOs (Health Maintenance Organization). However, you do NOT need a referral to see a specialist.
You can choose from:
- 4 bronze plans, including one HSA-compatible plan
- 2 silver plans (one additional silver plan available in some areas)
- 1 gold plan
- 1 catastrophic plan (ages 30 or below)
You can purchase 2021 Anthem health insurance both on and off the exchange. However, if you are subsidy eligible, you must buy your plan on the exchange to receive help with the premiums.
Be sure to check if your provider is in network, because HMO plans do not cover out-of-network care (except in the case of a true emergency). Please note, providers can — and do — leave networks at their discretion.
2021 Anthem Health Insurance Plan Grids
- On Exchange Anthem 2021 Individual Plan Grid (Marketplace)
- Off Exchange Anthem 2021 Individual Plan Grid
2021 Anthem Health Insurance Drug Formulary
- For the most up-to-date formulary, search the Virginia Select Drug List. Midway down the page, under “Select Drug Lists (2021)”, click on Virginia Select Drug List (Searchable).
2021 Off Exchange Application
- Apply online – on or after November 1, 2020
2021 On Exchange Application – on or after November 1, 2020
- To apply online for an Anthem ON EXCHANGE plan in Virginia, click here. Enter your Zip Code, Name, Email, and Phone Number, and click on “See Plans and Prices” to find a plan. Enroll and secure a subsidy.
Look Up your Provider
- Visit www.anthem.com/findadoctor and search as a guest using the Pathway X Tiered Hospital Network.