Welcome to Virginia Medical Plans’ 2020 enrollment guide for CareFirst BC/BS individual and family health plans.
This page provides helpful information on CareFirst’s plans, including brochures, applications, drug formulary, and instructions to look up your provider.
If you live in Maryland or Virginia, and are not eligible for a subsidy in 2020, use this link to enroll directly with CareFirst. Note the deadline to enroll for a 1st of the month effective date is the 20th of the month before.
CareFirst Health Insurance
CareFirst BC/BS is the “local Blue” for Maryland, the District of Columbia, and the following areas of northern Virginia:
- Cities of Alexandria and Fairfax;
- Town of Vienna;
- Arlington County;
- Areas of Fairfax and Prince William Counties lying east of Route 123.
About CareFirst Individual/Family Health Plans in 2020
Virginia 2020 CareFirst Individual Plan Comparison
Maryland 2020 CareFirst Individual Plan Comparison
District of Columbia
DC 2020 CareFirst Individual Plan Comparison
2020 Drug Formulary
To Apply via Exchange (VA or DC)
- To apply online for a CareFirst 2020 ON EXCHANGE plan in Virginia, click here – Enter your Zip Code and click on “See Plans and Prices” to find a plan. Enroll and secure a subsidy.
- To apply for a CareFirst policy in 2020 in DC, establish an account on DC Healthlink and then designate us as your broker (Jonathan Katz).
Look Up your Provider
- CareFirst Provider Lookup – search as a Guest.