Welcome to Virginia Medical Plans’ 2020 Anthem BC/BS enrollment guide for individual/family medical plans.
We are happy to provide resources to help you understand your options and enroll.
About 2020 Anthem Health Insurance
Anthem will service all counties in their service area in 2020.
Anthem offers HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) plans in 2020. You can choose from:
- 5 bronze plans, including one HSA-compatible plan
- 3 silver plans
- 1 gold plan
- 1 catastrophic plan (ages 30 or below)
Anthem plans are sold both on and off the exchange. However, if you are subsidy eligible, you must buy your plan on the exchange to receive help with the premiums.
Be sure to check if your provider is in network, because HMO plans do not cover out-of-network care (except in the case of a true emergency). Please note, providers can — and do — leave networks at their discretion.
2020 Plan Brochures
2020 Drug Formulary
- For the most up-to-date formulary, search the Virginia Select Drug List. Midway down the page, under “Select Drug Lists (2020)”, click on Virginia Select Drug List (Searchable).
2020 Off Exchange Application
- Apply online – on or after November 1, 2019
2020 On Exchange Application – on or after November 1, 2019
- To apply online for an Anthem ON EXCHANGE plan in Virginia, click here. Enter your Zip Code, Name, Email, and Phone Number, and click on “See Plans and Prices” to find a plan. Enroll and secure a subsidy.
Look Up your Provider
- Visit www.anthem.com/findadoctor and search as a guest using the Pathway X Tiered Hospital Network.