Welcome to Virginia Medical Plans’ enrollment guide for 2017 Aetna health plans.
Aetna plans are available if you live in one of the following counties in Virginia:
- Amelia, Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent, Powhatan, Richmond City (Bon Secours Network – referral required)
- Bland, Botetourt, Carroll, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Galax City, Giles, Lexington City, Montgomery, Pulaski, Radford, Roanoke, Roanoke City, Salem, Tazewell, Wythe (Aetna Leap Roanoke Valley Network – open access / no referral required)
- Danville City, Henry, Martinsville City, Pittsylvania (Gateway Health Network – referral required)
- Essex, Gloucester, Hampton City, Isle of Wight, James City, King and Queen, Lancaster, Mathews, Middlesex, Newport News City, Northumberland, Poquoson City, Williamsburg City, York (Coastal Virginia Health Partners Network – open access / no referral required)
- Albemarle, Augusta, Charlottesville City, Fluvanna, Greene, Nelson, Staunton City, Waynesboro City (Charlottesville Area Network – open access / no referral required)
You can choose between plans at the bronze, silver, and gold metal level.
Aetna’s 2017 plans are HMO plans. There are no out-of-network benefits (except for true emergency care — “life and limb”). Depending where you live, you may need a referral to see a specialist. Refer to the Plan Brochure for details.
2017 Plan Brochures
Aetna Provider Directory
It is important to check to see if your provider is in-network. Visit this site to search for your provider: www.aetnafindadoc.com.
2017 Drug Formulary
- Coming soon.
- To apply online for an Aetna ON EXCHANGE plan, click here – Enter your Zip Code and click on “See Plans and Prices” to find a plan. Enroll and secure a subsidy.
Speak to a Licensed Agent
Our agents are available to help you select the best coverage for your needs.
Please call our office at 703-707-8270. We are happy to help!
Please be patient as we manage a high volume of calls and emails during open enrollment.