Nowadays, there’s not much you can’t accomplish online.
Several years ago, the Social Security Administration (SSA) jumped on the bandwagon and introduced online access to earnings, benefits, etc. when you establish a “My Social Security” account.
Having a “My Social Security” account just got even more convenient!
What Can I Do with a “My Social Security” Account?
Here is a full list of your account’s online capabilities:
- Track and verify your yearly earnings
- Request paper-free delivery of your Social Security Statements
- Get an estimate of future benefits if you are still working
- Get a letter with proof of your benefits if you currently receive them
- Manage your account:
- Change your address
- Start or change direct deposit
- Get a replacement Medicare card (New!)
- Get replacement tax forms for tax season
Set Up Your “My Social Security” Account
It’s easy to set up an account. Have the following information available and visit the SSA website:
- Valid e-mail address
- Your Social Security Number
- Your U.S. mailing address
You must be at least 18 years of age, and you may create an account only for yourself — not on behalf of another person or using another person’s information.
We encourage all of our clients — but particularly those covered by Medicare — to set up an account!
For more information about Medicare and Medigap (Medicare Supplement insurance), please click here or give our office a call at 703-707-8270.