Welcome to Virginia Medical Plans’ 2021 CareFirst health insurance enrollment guide for individual and family health plans.
This page provides helpful information on CareFirst’s plans, including brochures, applications, drug formulary, and instructions to look up your provider.
If you live in Maryland or Virginia, and are not eligible for a subsidy in 2021, use this link to enroll directly with CareFirst.
(Note outside of open enrollment, the deadline to enroll for a 1st of the month effective date is the 20th of the month before.)
2021 CareFirst Health Insurance
CareFirst BC/BS is the “local Blue” for Maryland, the District of Columbia, and the following areas of northern Virginia:
- Cities of Alexandria and Fairfax;
- Town of Vienna;
- Arlington County;
- Areas of Fairfax and Prince William Counties lying east of Route 123.
About CareFirst Health Insurance for Individuals/Families in 2021
Learn the details of CareFirst’s plans from the brochures and plan comparison grids below.
District of Columbia
2021 CareFirst Drug Formulary
To Apply via Exchange (VA or DC)
- To apply online for a CareFirst 2020 ON EXCHANGE plan in Virginia, click here – Enter your Zip Code and click on “See Plans and Prices” to find a plan. Enroll and secure a subsidy.
- To apply for a CareFirst policy in 2020 in DC, establish an account on DC Healthlink and then designate us as your broker (Jonathan Katz).
Look Up your Provider
- CareFirst Provider Lookup – search as a Guest.